With a family heritage that started in the famous regional centre and mining mecca of Broken Hill, New South Wales (Australia), the Bertram family know all too well the impact a large corporation can have on a local community. Therefore, Raisebore Australia puts a focus on giving back to the communities who have supported its growth.
It does this through:
- sponsorship of local sporting teams, charities and events
- supporting members of the mining industry (such as being instrumental in the Beaconsfield Mining Rescue)
- supporting safety championships and events on particular mine sites
- placing an importance on employment of locals and fostering their training and development; and
- donating time and expertise to local initiatives.